From teams being distributed across various locations, to working different hours from one office to the next; in this day and age it is rare to find a business fixed within one place. Add into the equation that working from a desktop is no longer the ‘go to’ option. Also as a business you need to get creative in order to ensure successful collaboration.
The fact is – in order to succeed, all of your employees need to be able to communicate and work in tandem. They need to be able to work within a flexible environment where real time collaboration and remote access is possible, as by creating such an environment it won’t matter where, what time or from what device they are accessing the information – they’ll be able to get the job done.
Yet as a business owner, to make this happen you also need a system that will ensure your business data is protected wherever it goes.
What can you do?
This is where technologies that are designed for a cloud-first, mobile first world are so pivotal for a workforce. Technologies such as Microsoft can help to empower your workforce as their integrated cloud and mobile solutions make it possible for your team to work flexibly; support mobile teamwork, and maximise their effectiveness, experiences and productivity.
How is Office 365 effective?
Office 365 is one of the software within SharePoint that makes it possible for businesses to securely store and exchange documents across their employee network.
However, it can also offer your employees the following benefits:
- It can empower workers to work more efficiently Office 365 contains Microsoft productivity, enterprise social, collaboration and communication tools that can all be used to improve a company’s ability to function agilely, as they can be accessed across PC’s, phones and tablets. This in turn can encourage innovation amongst employees and inspire them to work harder and trust in their own creativity (witnessed on Office 365, Dynamics 365 and Windows 10 devices)
- Successful team – anywhere and from any device Online meetings, co-authoring documents… with Office 365 your team will be able to easily collaborate in real time with multiple colleagues and complete tasks faster, without any of the nonsense of waiting for call-backs or email responses. Instead, they will be able to edit and share documents as a team (in real time) on a device of their choice, before being able to save these documents into the cloud, where any of their team will be able to access it at a later date. At the same time, they will be able to efficiently resolve queries, find people, and locate information using Office 365s powerful search tools (Office 365 and Windows 10 devices). Office 365 also offers Skype for Business, which will enable your team to meet and chat online from various locations, as well as conduct their meetings using HD video and voice meetings.
- Data intelligence based on real time information The real time features on Office 365 are amazing for importing data and connecting to various data sources and legacy systems. At the same time, your team will be able to identify trends and relevant content across business data using Power BI and usage data using Delve. In addition, Office 365 will give them the ability to analyse line of business data to make faster and meaningful business decisions.
- Boost productivity, collaboration and employee efficiency Every business wants to be in a position where they can offer their team enhanced workplace tools that will make collaboration easier. Thanks to the flexibility and easy accessibility of Office 365 to documentation, colleagues and discussion boards; your team will be able to rapidly improve their productivity and lower your costs.
- Strengthen workforce agility Whereas previously, employee innovation has been stifled due to lack of cooperation between existing resources; Office 365 steps away from this hierarchical structure to empower your employees and enable them to more efficiently do their jobs. No longer do they have to go down the chain to get the information they need. Instead, they will be able to access the appropriate resources across your network.
Ultimately, by improving accessibility, collaboration and communication across your business network, your employees can more successfully use and manage their time. Office 365 (through SharePoint) cuts waiting time for meetings, emails and feedback, and instead encourages your employees to make actively engage in their job.
So if you would like to empower your employees and boost productivity, why not consider adding SharePoint and Office 365 to your arsenal? For more information, contact Toolagen today.